Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wrapping Up our Trip: Saying Goodbye, Tuesday, Nov 9th



GCT Airport Sendoff!
  We've enjoyed our journey through Spain with Grand Circle.  The best part of the trip was making friendships with bright, enthusiastic fellow travelers.  So many life experiences were shared during these last two weeks- it makes the trip more valuable to both of us.   We've learned a great deal about Spain in the most enjoyable way!

Grand Circle Travelers enjoying Churros and Hot Chocolate!
We meandered through the streets of Torremolinos today and said goodbye to favorite places and beautiful weather.   We met at midday for one last Spanish taste treat:  churros and hot chocolate- wow!  The chocolate was like hot pudding (before it jells) and the churros were unsweetened long donuts!  Ok- serious dieting on our return. 


Rose digging in!
 

Phil Bock, fellow traveler



At the end of today, our entire group met in a beautiful restaurant in the Bajondillos hotel.  We toasted our guide, Eugenio, and Irene presented a poem as a tribute to him.  Our new friend, Phil, entertained us with old favorites on the piano.
  We hope to see one another again on another Grand Circle tour - maybe even returning to Costa del Sol to enjoy the beautful sights and wonderful new friends.  We hope a few of our old friends might join us on the next trip!


Eugenio Buys, our Program Director!
  

 




2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog and loved meeting you both.
    Love
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia,
    I LOVED reading about your trip and seeing the beautiful photos. My favorite was the olive vendor. What a gorgeious picture. Did you take them all?

    I was talking with a lady in a nursing home one day at work and she was telling me how interesting her life was and how she had travelled all these places around the world. I was so insipired. I love travel and I really want to continue to to do it as I have opportunity. Right now a 3 or 4 day trip is all I can do but I've been to Washington DC and LA this year and have a trip scheduled to the Biltmore with some college friends early next year. It's funny one of the things I took from my talk with that lady was that I need to get myself a good camera because your pictures are so important to you.

    I was also thinking I would love to be able to do some mission work in my retirement years. You know, maybe go to Haiti and take care of some babies that are waiting to be adopted.

    Anyway, looks like you had a great experience. Let's do lunch some time and you can tell me about it.

    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete